I have committed myself to supplying the completed manuscript for proof-reading on Monday. This would be less scary if I wasn’t spending most of tomorrow either at, or struggling to and from the 2012 Olympics in London.
Time is running out to publish in October. This week I have to choose my route to market, so stay tuned and I’ll report in a day or three just what route I’m going to take to get from manuscript to e-reader and printed book and why I’ve chosen that one.
There are sixty days left until October, the month that I set myself as the target publication date. It’s time to take stock:
The writing – I’m halfway through draft #4. It’s not a major rewrite, more of a proof-read and minor tweaks but there are still over 160 pages to check.
Cover art – Not done. Ideas on themes only.
The printing – Talking to several companies. Sample hardbacks being sent to me to evaluate.
Clear plan for printing and level of spend – A total shambles. No nearer a decision on exactly what I need.
Publicity – Site following low (18 registered) and little feedback